Monday, September 19, 2011

{BONUS POINTS}

How was the FIRST week??  You all did awesome, even if you didn't get a perfect score you're on the road to feeling great!  I would have had a prefect week including not using my 2 cheats except we went to Utah for a relaxing weekend.  We stayed at Matt's parents home, which is a Heaven on Earth.  We love every moment of being there INCLUDING the food.  His mom is the skinniest little thing, but looking in her pantry you'd think she'd be quite opposite:) I found it a HUGE struggle to stay away from all the goodies!  So here is my advice as you go into this new week:  Clean your cupboard from ALL junk food, even things you feed your children.  The reason my week was relatively easy while home was because I don't keep any sort of goody in our home...the kids eat what I eat.  If they want a snack it's fruits, vegetables and if they get lucky they'll get some almonds too.  I promise you, you're kids will adjust to this easier than you think, and in the end it not only helps you keep your goal but it helps THEM!!
  Ready for the 2 BONUS points for this week?  
Cook 3 HEALTHY dinners for your family!
It's Fall and the first thing I turn to to cook and bake is Soups with Bread.  My sister Emailed me this YUMMY Recipe that I'm cooking for Dinner tonight.  Side with a slice of whole wheat bread and some broccoli and you're set!  

White Chicken Chili

1 medium read onion, finely chopped
2 TBS. Olive oil
1 (4oz) can chopped green chili's drained
3 TBS flour (use whole wheat)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 cans of great northern beans
1 can broth (use stock from the chicken with a little bouillon to taste)
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast

In a large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes until transparent.  Add chili's, flour, cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.  Add chicken, cook until hot.  Garnish with a small amount of sour cream if desired.  YUM!







No comments:

Post a Comment