Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Frustrated?}

I have sensed a whole bunch of frustration today...I think the key things are to have your fridge stocked and not to over think all of this.  I'm not going to be this Health Nazi that judges everything you put in your mouth.  My whole goal is to make people aware of what we actually are putting in our bodies.  I wish I had more time to sit and write all the awesome thoughts I have going through my head, but I've got 3 busy bodies that keep me very busy!
I did however find time to toy with some awesomely healthy zucchini bread today!  I switch out a few ingredients and it taste awesome!  As a side note, I told my client the other day that I bought zucchini and she said that is a sure sign you have no friends...HAHA.  Oh boy, a lady in more ward heard this and was so kind to stock me up on a BUNCH of zucchini and squash, just to let me know I have atleast one friend in this world.
This would be an awesome snack!  One slice with some carrots or a fruit would hold you over nicely...

HEALTHY ZUCCHINI BREAD  (DOUBLE THE BATCH AND FREEZE)

Ingredients:

2 cups WHOLE WHEAT flour if you're not use to whole wheat use half all purpose)
1/2 cup honey or 1/3 cup Agave Nectar (I mixed the two because I ran out of honey)
1-1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup craisins 
1 large egg beaten
1 cup apple sauce
1-1/2 cup shredded zucchini (not packed)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 325°.Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.Add Raisins and Craisins.In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla,apple sauce, honey and zucchini. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.

Bake on 325 for 50-55 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean.

Question of the day:
How do you know if you're feeding your family healthy?  

Answer:
They all have gas.......Holy Stank!

No comments:

Post a Comment